Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink (including water) for six to eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 48 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- you should be able to brush the morning of surgery & swish your mouth & have sip of water as mouth gets dry in the morning.
- For Patients with certain Systemic Medical conditions( Diabetes, Bleeding Disorders,COPD) appropriate instructions will be given at consultation visit.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow. Please do not wear flip flops.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office prior to your scheduled surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the office prior to your surgical date for instructions.